Saturday Drawing WorkshopDistance from the centre of Kingsbridge: 0.1 miles
This friendly one day workshop aims to help banish inhibition and build your confidence and skills in drawing. It is an ideal foundation for beginners and those who want to re-visit and develop their existing drawing skills.
The day will cover:
• Basic techniques to help you draw more accurately, such as how to measure for proportion
• Experimentation with freer and more spontaneous approaches to making drawings
• Working with different drawing media
• Basic elements of drawing such as line, tone, shape and form
• Drawing techniques and styles
• Different resources and looking at other artists’ work
Whether you are a beginner or want to draw in order to inform further art practises such as painting, design, textiles, or simply for the pleasure of just drawing, this workshop will provide an informative and practical starting point.
Over the years Belinda has taught a wide range of classes to all ages, in groups and privately. Previously she has worked for Plymouth Adult and Community Learning teaching Oil Painting and Life Drawing. For the last 6 years she has been teaching popular classes in oil painting, drawing and running a children’s art club at Ilminster Art Centre. Now back in the South Hams, Belinda has a studio with Red Pod Studios at the Clay Factory and is looking forward to teaching at Harbour House.
Cost £40 (to include all materials) / Maximum 10 places