Wednesday WritersDistance from the centre of Kingsbridge: 4.5 miles 2nd October, 2019
Enjoy a monthly ARTIST’S DATE as recommended by Julia Cameron in The Artist’s Way.
Discover fresh techniques in creative writing, self-editing and marketing/publishing. Share your writing journey in a supportive, safe environment. Meet and network with other new and experienced writers. At literary lunches, talk to published authors/experts about their craft and experience.
Where do the WEDNESDAY WRITERS meet?
At The Cottage Hotel, Hope Cove, Devon TQ7 3HJ
When do the WEDNESDAY WRITERS meet?
8 Wednesdays in 2018: 21 March, 18 April, 16 May, 20 June, 18 July, 19 September, 17 October, 21 November.
8 Wednesdays in 2019: 6 March, 3 April, 1 May, 5 June, 3 July, 4 September, 2 October, 6 November
10:00 – 16:30 with a break for lunch at 12:45-14:00
*Lunch, with us and our guest speakers in The Cottage Hotel restaurant, is optional and at your own cost. Or bring a picnic to enjoy on the beach or on a bench overlooking the sea!
What’s in the PROGRAMME for the WEDNESDAY WRITERS?
There will be a varied diet … with wordcraft workshops on a range of topics
- Hooks, lines and sinkers – how to grab your reader, maintain interest and end well
- Setting the scene with people, places and props
- Creating three-dimensional characters
- Dialogue – making it real
- Editing your first draft; polishing your final draft
- Marketing yourself and your writing: pitching, covering letters, synopsis writing
And, in addition to your two hosts, we have a sprinkling of guest speakers:
- 20 June 2018: JANE HOLLAND: How to Write a Commercial Bestseller
- 17 October 2018: FELICITY GOODALL: Fact or Fiction?
- 6 March 2019: BELINDA SEAWARD: Writing from the Inside Out
- 1 May 2019: JANE RAYNER: Better Blogging