Kingsbridge Cookworthy MuseumDistance from the centre of Kingsbridge: 1.1 miles
The Kingsbridge Cookworthy Museum will remain closed for the time being. The situation will be reviewed in early August, and any updates will be posted here and on the Museum's website. The Local Heritage Resource Centre will also remain closed to the public. The museum office is open although hours may vary, and any research or other queries can be answered by either email or telephone.
Come inside the Old Grammar School and discover the story of Kingsbridge and the South Hams. Whatever your interest there’s something for all the family in this lively local museum, rain or shine. In our eight galleries you can explore a wide variety of exhibitions showing how the people of this area have lived, worked and played over many generations.
Inside the museum you will find –
- Displays of artefacts from the early history of Kingsbridge through to the present day
- A gallery of agricultural machinery and tools
- A collection of over 25,000 photographs of local interest
- Costumes from the 19th and 20th centuries
- Quizzes and trails, drawing and dressing up for the children – free admission for under 16s.
- Our resource centre with access to many local records and archives, including microfilm copies of local newspapers from 1855 to today. The Resource Centre is open Mon-Thurs 10am – 12 , and until on Wednesdays, other times by appointment. Our volunteers will help you with your researches using all our available records.
- And all this in our unique listed building and walled garden.
- Group tours, talks and outreach can be arranged in or out of season, please contact the Museum if you are interested.
Check our What’s On page for details of our special events during the year. The Museum galleries are open Monday to Saturday in season, 10.30am – 5pm (4pm in October). We hope to see you soon!
£3 Adults, £2.50 Concessions, Free for under 16’s.